Application Criteria and Process
We Welcome Applicants From:
- Accredited U.S. Allopathic and Osteopathic Medical Schools
- International Medical Schools approved by the Medical Licensing Board of KY.
We Match Through:
- National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for allopathic/osteopathic students and International Medical School graduates/students
Our Program Is Accredited By:
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
We Only Consider Applications Received Through:
- Personal statement outlining your interest in Family Medicine
- Curriculum Vitae
- Explanation of any interruptions or gaps in your medical education
- USMLE or COMLEX certified transcript of scores
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members or preceptors (preferably, at least, one from a Family Medicine faculty member)
- Letter from the Dean of your medical school
Preference Is Given To Applicants Who Meet The Following Criteria:
- Graduate from medical school within past 2 years. Preference will be given to candidates currently completing medical school.
- Passed USMLE Step I and Step II exams on first or second attempt
- Have 6 - 9 months of current U.S. clinical experience.
International Medical Graduates Must Have Before Applications are Considered:
- Valid ECFMG Certificate by June
- Must be Permanent U.S. Citizen (Our program does not sponsor or accept visas)
Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville Residency Program is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. This means that all qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, gender or age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Upon request, Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville Residency Program will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee’s religious beliefs and disabling medical conditions. Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville Residency Program will comply with all fair employment laws and will take appropriate measures to eliminate or prevent illegal discrimination.