Specialized Telehealth Services
Madisonville Stroke Telemedicine
Stroke telemedicine in Madisonville brings advanced stroke care physicians to patients’ bedsides. These physicians speak to patients from the screen of a rolling, mobile robot the physician operates from his or her personal computer, laptop, tablet or phone. These telemedicine services offer numerous benefits to patients:
- Accessible Care
- Advanced Care
- Fast, Responsive Care
- EMS Care Efficiency
At Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville, we currently offer emergency room and inpatient stroke care services. We will also work with your primary care physician to provide him or her with the information about your hospital stay and the stroke expert’s follow-up care recommendations. To learn more about this service, please visit our Stroke Telemedicine services page.
Madisonville Maternal-Fetal Medicine Telehealth
Patients in Madisonville have access to Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) specialists via telehealth without having to travel to receive specialized care in Louisville, Lexington or a larger metropolis. MFM physicians are available for consultation when there is, or could be, an issue with either the mother or the baby during pregnancy.
An ultrasound is performed in the OB office by an MFM sonographer. An MFM reviews the ultrasound through remote technology while the MFM is located in Lexington or another location across Kentucky. If there is a concern with the mother or baby during the ultrasound, the MFM can talk face-to-face with the mother on a screen in the office via remote access to address the issue or concern and deliver corresponding treatment or medical advice. The benefits of this service to the patients at Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville are:
- Reduced travel time for patient
- Consultation with a specialist can occur at the time of ultrasound, not days later
- Local access to Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist (only 12-15 in the entire state have this designation)
- Highly skilled MFM sonographers at your local OB office
- Ultrasound interpretation and recommendations for plan of care can be determined at the time of scan, if necessary
- Your OB has the ability to speak directly with an MFM to discuss a plan of care
- Collaboration with remote site NICU to prepare for expected cases
- Coordination of delivery at tertiary care facility as needed
It is important to us that folks in the rural areas of our community have access to the same high-quality specialists as those in more densely populated areas. Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville is committed to providing you, the patient, with the best care, no matter where you live.